Gecko Kisses

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Vogue Flowers


Hello everyone,

I decided to play along with Colour Q today, as the colours chosen were bright and bubbly.

I didn't have Melon Mambo colour ink pad (as yet :) ) so I created the colour using cameo coral and Pink Passion. Firstly I stamped the flower image in Cameo Coral then lightly stamped the image with Pink Passion then pressed on the white paper, it gave it a smashed look so i was please. I used the Vintage Vogue flowers from SU because they are so light and gorgeous. I used the leaves from Blossom's Abound SU set and stamped them in Kiwi Kiss. I was going to highlight the leaves with Taken with Teal but is changed colour to a different green. I always forget our beautiful Kiwi Kiss is as a colour is like crisp lemon green, that just pops out at you.
I added pearls the centres of the flowers I was going to add glitter but I decided against it. I was going to Distress the edges in tangerine but I think it would've over empowered the lightness of the card so I went with faux stiching.

Thank you so much for looking


Amanda

4 comments:

  1. Cute card! I love how you cut out all of the flowers! Thanks for playing with us at the colourQ!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these flowers - really pretty card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your flowers, and your card! The stitching as just the right touch. Thanks for joining us at ColourQ. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty card, Amanda! thanks for playing the colourQ challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for letting know what you thought of my cards. I appreciate your comments.